In 1984, Ruth Warren (Johnson) and Ruth Schwarzman decided to open a Cross-Stitch store. They named it Ruths’ Stitchery and opened in a small space on North Carefree. In 1994, Ruth Schwarzman retired, so Ruth moved the apostrophe to reflect a sole Ruth owned the store. One of the original signs for the store is on our shelves above the batiks.
The store’s product offerings grew to include fabric and sewing supplies. After several expansions at the original location, in 2004, Ruth decided to make the move to our current location at 4440 Austin Bluffs Parkway.
After 29 years, Ruth decided to retire and sold the store. Her legacy lives on with the current owner, Beth Spillane, as well as with past and present staff of Ruth’s Stitchery.
When you walk through our doors and take in the more than 7,000 square feet of colorful store samples, you know you are going to be inspired. Our staff is ready to share their knowledge and creativity with you and help you with the projects you are working on.
We love our quilting and stitching community. We want you to feel as though you are coming into a friend’s house, who just happens to have over 9,000 bolts of fabric for you to see.
Ruth’s Stitchery is the only authorized Husqvarna Viking Dealership in Colorado Springs and we are a Handi Quilter dealer. We are blessed to have 2 authorized service techs in our store for both Viking and Handi Quilter. Your machine never leaves the store when you bring it in to be cleaned and/or serviced.
- More than 9,000 Bolts of High-Quality Cottons
- Extensive Collection of Quilting Patterns and Books
- Thread for Sewing, Quilting, Machine Embroidery, and Embellishing
- Huge Selection of Cross-Stitch and Hand-Embroidery Supplies
- Full Line of Notions, Including Specialty Tools and Rulers
- Award-Winning Viking Husqvarna Sewing Machines and In-House Service
- Handi-Quilter Long-Arm Quilting Machines and In-House Service
- Koala Sewing Cabinets
- Wide Variety of Classes with Knowledgeable and Fun-Loving Teachers
- Lots of Inspirational Samples